Written by Karen Bryan
One lucky UK based independent personal finance blogger/online writer attending the Write on Finance Blog Up in Leeds, will have the chance to win a free ticket to the Financial Blogger Conference (FinCon) in Denver this year and a £400 rebate toward the cost of their flights, in our prize draw. As I realise that the winner may not be able to attend FinCon 12, the prize can alternatively be used to attend FinCon 13.
Update 16 July 2012 – The winner is Elaine Colliar of Mortgage Free in Three. Elaine will attending FinCon 13.
This fantastic prize assisting a UK based personal finance blogger to travel to the US to attend FinCon is only possible due to sponsorship by Philip Taylor of PT Money, organiser of FinCon, who is not only a silver sponsor of the Write on Finance Blog Up in Leeds but has also donated a free FinCon ticket to this prize draw.
All UK based independent personal finance bloggers who have registered for a ticket to attend the Write on Finance Blog Up in Leeds by 15 July 2012, will be entered in the prize draw, unless they choose to opt out. Tickets for independent personal finance bloggers cost £20 (plus Eventbrite fee).
I had a quick look and found return flights from London to Denver for £550. Rooms at the Grand Hyatt Denver, where FinCon 12 takes place, cost from $99 (around £65) a night, excluding tax.
Terms & Conditions
- This prize draw is only open to UK based independent personal finance bloggers/online writers excluding event organisers and sponsors.
- UK based personal finance bloggers/online writers who register to attend the Write on Finance Blog Up in Leeds by 15 July 2012, will be automatically entered, although they can opt out. I will contact ticket holders to confirm that they wish to take part in the FinCon prize draw.
- The winner will be chosen at random and contacted by email by 17 July 2012.
- The winner will receive a free ticket for either Fincon 12 or Fincon 13.
- The winner will also receive £400 (UK pounds) cash, by UK bank transfer, towards the cost of their flight tickets to attend FinCon 12 or FinCon 13. They must contact me with a copy of the receipt for their flights to receive the £400.