Written by Karen Bryan
If you’re attending the Write on Finance Blog Up Leeds 22-23 September 2012, there’s an opportunity to win one of two great hotel stay prizes. This competition closed on 15 May 2012, the winners are:
- 1st Prize Winner – Elaine Colliar of Mortgage Free in Three: Is Frugal the New Black?
- 2nd Prize Winner – Becky Goddard-Hill of Baby Budgeting: My Top 5 Ways to Save Money.
Unforunately Becky isn’t able to use her prize, so it’s now been awarded to the reserve winner, Simple Living in Suffolk: 5 Ways to Save Money & Retire Early.
However, we are now running two prize draws which both close of 15 July 2012, details below.
Write on Finance Blog Up Leeds Prize Draw
For every five tickets, of any type, bought before 30 June 2012, there will be a prize draw for a one night hotel stay on Saturday 22 September for two guests.
Write on Finance Blog Up Leeds FinCon Prize Draw
UK independent personal finance bloggers who register for a Write on Finance Blog Up ticket before 15 July 2012 will be entered in a prize draw to win a free ticket to FinCon and £400 towards flights.
A two night stay, from Friday 21 to Sunday 23 September 2012, for two guests in a twin room, including English buffet breakfast at the DoubleTree by Hilton Leeds City Centre. Although I haven’t stayed at the hotel, I’ve eaten there and love the location at Granary Wharf.
A two night stay, from Friday 21 to Sunday 23 September 2012, for two guests in a double room at Roomzzz Leeds City West. There’a free Grab & Go breakfast with freshly baked pastries, hot drinks, fresh fruit and fruit juices.
How To Enter the Write on Finance Blog Up Leeds Competition
To enter, you need to publish a post/article on a personal finance/money related blog or website, by 15 May 2012, giving your tips for the top 5 ways to save money. The winners will be judged by the Editor as the most useful, original and fun entries. You need to include this sentence, including links, in your entry (html code below in T&Cs):
“This is an entry in the competition to win a 2 night hotel stay during the Write on Finance Blog Up Leeds which runs 22-23 September 2012; gold sponsor is MoneySupermarket.”
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Entries must be published on a personal finance/money related blog or website by 15 May 2012.
- Only one entry per person/ blog/site.
- Entrants should email me a link to their entry, I will then promote their entry through the Help Me To Save Facebook page and Twitter account.
- There is no cash alternative.
- The event sponsors and the organisers are not eligible to take part in the competition.
- In order to qualify, your entry must link to the event and MoneySupermarket, by adding the following html code at the bottom of your entry: “This is an entry in the competition to win a 2 night hotel stay during the <a href=”http://www.helpmetosave.com/2012/03/write-on-finance-blog-up-leeds/”>Write on Finance Blog Up Leeds</a> which runs 22-23 September 2012; gold sponsor is <a href=”http://www.moneysupermarket.com/”>MoneySupermarket</a>.”
- The winners must email the editor of Help Me To Save with the names of the two guests who will staying at the hotels by 5 June 2012.
- If due to unforeseen circumstances hotel substitutions have to be made; the first prize will consist of a two night stay (21-23 September 2012) in a minimum 3* star hotel in Leeds in a room for 2 guests including breakfast, the second prize will consist of a two night stay at a minimum 2* hotel in Leeds, on a room only basis.